The ultimate and natural way to start a fire in any weather. Don’t use harmful chemicals with noxious fumes to start your fire! Our Tinder starters are made of stumps from cultivated pine (fatwood) from the highlands of Mexico. With their 80% resin content, our Tinder starters are extremely easy to light and work even when wet since it is the resin (oil) that burns not the wood. They burn long and hot and they are the perfect companion to our Swedish FireSteel!
- Made from Pinus Montezumae (fatwood) stumps—no chemical additives.
- 100% natural and environmentally-friendly production.
- Lights even when wet due to about 80% resin content.
- Produces an extremely hot flame.
- Includes lanyard that attaches to belt or backpack-scrape and carve tinder when you need it.
- Compatible with Leave No Trace ethics.
- Dimensions: 5.9" x 0.9" x 0.9" (15 cm x 2.2 cm x 2.2 cm)
- Weight: 1.8-2.5 oz. (50-70 g)
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY – WARNING: Some products may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, or birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more info, visit https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/