Fits Mini-14 (Model Dependent on Series/style) Pick From Drop Menu
Will NOT fit
Replaces rear sight
No Other Work Required
Does NOT Include Scope
#2265 Includes 1 Inch
S&K Style Rings
#2270, #2270-180, and #RU70
Are Weaver base. Fits Weaver Rings NOT INCLUDED
#RU70 is Ranch model
only. No other mounts will fit the Ranch.
Made In The USA!!!
Didn’t think it was possible to easily put a scope and mount on your Mini-14 without drilling and tapping? It is now with high quality, made in the USA scope mounts from S&K. These mounts are made with high quality materials and backed by S&K Scope Mounts. Outfit your old military rifle with a scope mount and long eye relief scope for better accuracy, longer ranges, more confidence, and more fun hunting or on the range!
S&K Scope Mounts LLC specializes in manufacturing scope mounts for ex-military rifles without the need for drilling & tapping. Now you can scope that rifle you didn't think was possible with over 100 Insta-Mounts & Scout Mounts to choose from. S&K Scope Mounts LLC supports American made. S&K manufactures all of their scope mounts here in PA with the best USA materials available.
Instruction sheet for Ruger Mini –14 #2265 And #2270 - 181 & Up / #2270-180 -180 Series
To install this mount, it is necessary to remove the rear sight from your Ruger Mini – 14.
Do this by:
1. Remove Ruger part #M –71F rear sight windage screw pin. Simply drive this pin out using small punch or small nail with point ground on it.
2. Remove Ruger Part M-59F rear sight windage screw. Simply turn it out until it is completely disconnected.
3. Remove the rear sight assembly.
TO INSTALL THE S&K INSTA-MOUNT
1. Place the base in proper position on the receiver of the firearm. Install a ¼ inch socket cap screw through each “ear” into the base. The fit is very close here, so use care that the screws start properly and not cross-threaded.
2. Tighten the left screw very tight, then do the same with the right screw. (Always follow this same pattern when replacing scope mount, and replacement will be quite accurate.
3. Tighten the 10-32 set screw against the receiver of the gun while holding the front of the mount base tight against the front of the receiver. Do not over tighten!
4. Follow the instructions found on the scope mount ring box to install.
Mini 14 Ranch #RU70
Thank you for selecting the S&K Insta-Mount. To install this fine scope mount on your Mini 14, please do the following:
Install the 3/32 x ½” spring dowel pin. Place the mount on a flat surface with the top of the mount facing down. With a steel hammer drive the spring pin into the bottom of the mount leaving 3/32 sticking out. Make sure the spring pin gets started into the hole straight.
Install (2) of the 8-32 x 3/8 button head screws onto the right side of the S&K mount. This will be on the side opposite our S&K logo & in the direction the shell is ejected. These (2) screws do no have a washer under the head. Tighten these screws.
Place a washer on each of the (2) button head screws remaining. Thread these (2) screws into the mount only (2) to (3) turns, just enough that they won’t fall out.
Place the mount over the receiver so the (2) tightened button head screws on the right side are resting against the side cutouts in the receiver & the mount is tipped up at about 30 degrees Rotate the mount counterclockwise while watching to make sure the spring dowel pin engages the slot at the top of the receiver. After you have the mount sitting flat on the receiver, tighten the button head screws on the left side.